Senior Counselor: Mrs. Richter Email: email@example.com
Senior Administrator: Mr. McDermott Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Graduation Coach: Kim Pardo Email: email@example.com
Senior Class Sponsor: Mrs. Laferriere Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 01, 2017
Dear Parent/Guardian of a Graduating Zephyrhills High School Senior:
In an effort to keep you informed and up to date on upcoming Graduating Senior Activities, I have provided a list of events that will occur in the next few months. In addition, you will find information regarding graduation.
Important Dates to Remember
- April 01 Prom 7:00 p.m. @ Kapok Tree
- April 28 Due date for ALL Online course work and DBAs
- April 29 Grad Bash (Depart ZHS @ 1pm from the front of the Activity Center)
- May 01 – 12 AP Exams
- May 05 Due date for ALL Online Final Exams
- Senior Exams
- May 09 (Exam Periods 1, 2, & 5)
- May 10 (Exam Periods 3 & 6)
- May 11 (Exam Periods 4 & 7)
- May 12 Makeups
- May 12 Seniors’ Last Day
- May 12 Senior Checkout: Settle all debts before final checkout.
- May 15 Scholarship Night (Night of Excellence) – @ ZHS Cafeteria 6:00 PM
- May 18 Senior Grades Due (Subject to change by the District)
- May 21 Baccalaureate (community sponsored voluntary event)@ New Walk Church, 35008 54 E., Zephyrhills, FL 33541, 6:00 PM
- May 22 Senior Final Graduation Notifications
- May 23 Mandatory Graduation Practice @ 8:00am, ZHS Gym
- May 23 Cap and Gown Distribution following practice
- May 24 Mandatory Graduation Practice @ 8:00am, ZHS Gym
- May 24 Senior Brunch after practice
- May 25 GRADUATION @ USF Sun Dome. Seniors report by 7:00 PM. Doors open at approximately 7:15pm, Graduation at 8:00 PM.
Any activity that leads to the disruption of school or property damage may result in you not being able to participate in graduation activities and could lead to criminal charges.
Grad Bash- Universal Studios Dress Code
Scholarship Night- Business Casual (no jeans or T-shirts)
Graduation Practices- School Dress Code
Attendance at graduation practice is mandatory for participation in graduation ceremonies. Students should not plan on leaving until 12:00pm. Only students who properly checkout and attend graduation practice will be permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony. The Assistant Principal (Mr. McDermott) in charge of graduation must review and approve any extenuating circumstances. Students will be sent home to change if they are not in Pasco County School District dress code and this may jeopardize their participation in graduation.
Seniors are to report no later than 7:00PM to the University of South Florida Sun Dome in Tampa in order to line up for the ceremony. Please follow the signs upon entering the University of South Florida Sun Dome, as they will direct students and guests to the areas in which they should go. Students should enter at the Corral, which is to the right of Gate D.
Graduation Dress Code
Dress pants with belt Dress Pants (light or pastel color)
Dress or collared shirt Skirt or dress (appropriate length and light in color)
Tie is optional Blouse (light or pastel color)
Socks Dress Shoes
Absolutely no jeans, sneakers, flip-flops, bulky jewelry, scarves, ribbons, bandanas, etc.… are permitted. Also, ladies, please keep in mind that you will be traveling up and down staircases… the height of your heel should be kept at a minimum for safety reasons Leave purses, cameras, and personal items with a parent or friend in the audience; they may not be taken in during the processional. Flowers or corsages are NOT permitted.
Graduation Gowns: Please carry your cap and gown into the University of South Florida Sun Dome. We will not have extra gowns on hand. Make sure that you bring yours to the ceremony. Gowns are to look like they did when received from the company. Nothing extra may be added to them.
Graduation Cap: The mortarboard (graduation cap) is to be worn flat with the tassel over the right eye. Once the seniors are declared graduates, the tassel is moved to the left side in unison with the class. If decorated, mortarboards must not contain anything inappropriate, class year or initials would be examples of what is typical. We will not have extra caps or tassels on hand. Make sure that you bring yours to the ceremony.
Failure to comply with the dress policy may result in the student not being permitted to participate in the ceremony. Please carry your cap and gown to the Sun Dome. Security will do a visual search of all graduates.
Graduation is a momentous occasion not only for seniors, but also for their parents, families, and friends. For that reason, the ceremony is to be held with dignity and courtesy of others. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for the occasion, including the manner in which you walk across the stage. All participants must comply with the Pasco County Student Code of Conduct. Inappropriate behavior will result in your diploma being pulled and parents having to meet with school administration. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not receive his/her diploma and will be turned over to the appropriate law enforcement officials.
- Improper noises and distractions will not be permitted
- Please refrain from using electronics (iPods, MP3 players, etc.…)
- Please turn off all cell phones during graduation
- Family and Friends should remain seated as a courtesy to other graduates and their families
- Photographs- graduates will be photographed individually as they receive their diploma and congratulations from the principal. The photographer will notify graduates when the pictures are available, purchases are optional.
- No one other than ZHS Staff and District School board Representatives are permitted on the stage at the Sun Dome.
- Parking- There will be a $5 parking fee at the Sun Dome
- Tickets are not required for entry into the commencement exercises. For seating, your party should arrive at the same time if you want to sit together.
- All bags brought in by guests will be searched. No backpacks will be permitted in the University of South Florida Sun Dome. Cameras and binoculars will only be permitted if they are out of their cases (the cases should be left in the car).
- Balloons, flowers, signs, noisemakers of any kind (including, but not limited to, bull horns, cowbells, whistles and air horns), or laser pointers will NOT be allowed in the University of South Florida Sun Dome.
- Concessions at the University of South Florida Sun Dome may be open before the ceremony begins. Food and drink can be purchased for guests only.
- Hearing-impaired services are available. Please contact Mr. McDermott, Assistant Principal, if you need this service.
- We recommend having a pre-arranged meeting place set with your graduate and family following the ceremony. Graduates will first have to pickup their diplomas following the ceremony in the area reserved for graduates, and then will be able to meet at a spot immediately following this process.
- Still need to order a cap and gown? Call Herff Jones at 727 381-7714
Diplomas will be distributed alphabetically upon processing out of the Sun Dome. Students will report to the area where they checked in prior to the ceremony. Any student not meeting the behavioral requirements or whose financial record is not cleared will not receive their diploma. Records may be cleared by the bookkeeper, Mrs. Daniels.
After receiving your diploma, please exit the University of South Florida Sun Dome. We recommend having a pre-arranged meeting place set with your family.
If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please contact your school counselor or Mr. McDermott.
Did you miss the recent photo session at ZHS
and want your cap & gown portrait taken?
Saturday, March 25, 2017 at Leonard’s Studio
Call 1-800-215-4852 to schedule an appointment
Senior Black Hoodies For Sale
Sizes Med, Large, and Xlarge are $40
Size XXLarge is $45.
Will be on sale until supplies last.
See Mrs. Laferriere
- September 26 – Senior Cap & gown Meeting @7:50 am
- September 28-29 – Cap & gown orders during all lunches
- October 7 – Senior yearbook memory pages, baby pictures and quotes due
- April 1 – Prom 7-11 pm @Kapok Tree
- April 29 – Grad Bash @Universal Studios
- $110 admission
- $125 admission with meal plan
- May 17 – Seniors Last Day of School
- May 18 – Senior Grades Due
- May 25 – Graduation 8 pm @USF Sun Dome