Pasco County Schools
What is Dual Enrollment? Dual enrollment is an acceleration program that allows students to take postsecondary coursework and simultaneously earn credit toward a high school diploma, a career certificate, an industry certification or an associate or baccalaureate degree at a Florida public or eligible private postsecondary institution.
- See the attached PowerPoint for a helpful Dual Enrollment Step-by-Step Guide.
- Pasco County Schools Dual Enrollment Website
- PHSC Dual Enrollment Website
- Frequently Asked Questions about DE
Students must meet the following eligibility criteria per Section 1007.271(3), F.S.:
- Be enrolled as a student in a Florida public or nonpublic secondary school (grades 6-12), or in a home education program;
- Have a 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA) to enroll in college credits, or a 2.0 unweighted high school GPA to enroll in career dual enrollment courses;
- Achieve a passing score for Reading, Writing, and Math on either the PERT, ACT, or SAT exams.
Students must maintain at least a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and the 2.0 postsecondary GPA specified in the Dual Agreement Articulation Agreement for continued eligibility to participate in college credit dual enrollment courses. Students may be removed from dual enrollment courses if their GPA falls below the required 3.0.
Fall Dual Enrollment Registration 2023
- Please follow these steps for Dual Enrollment found on the PHSC website: https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/charter-public
- Returning Dual Enrollment students should start with Step 5 which is the Dual Enrollment Online Request Form (Dynamic Form).
- Students who need to pass one or more PERT tests can sign up for the test on ZHS campus at: http://zhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=37560 or through PHSC at https://testing.phsc.edu/exam/common/pert
- Some helpful PERT resources can be found here: https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/7533/urlt/pert-studentstudyguide.pdf
- FALL TERM ONLY : Any students who want to take any of the following PHSC Dual Enrollment courses must take them through Pasco eSchool and must put “High School Campus” for them on their Online Dual Enrollment Request Form (Dynamic Form):
- ENC1101 English Composition I
- ENC1102 English Composition II
- CGS1100 Computer Micro Applications
- SPC 2608 Introduction to Public Speaking
- GEB 1011 Introduction to Business
- GEB 2122 Introduction to Business and Entrepreneurship
- SPN 1120 Beginning Spanish I
- SPN 1121 Beginning Spanish II
- FALL: Please note that students who are taking an online dual enrollment course for the first time are required to complete the Online Readiness Course through PHSC on Canvas. Completion of the PHSC Online Readiness Course is required prior to registering in any online dual enrollment courses. We highly encourage all students to access and complete the online readiness course now. Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the online readiness course.
- FALL: Completion of the Dual Enrollment Student Orientation online is also REQUIRED for all new DE students for Spring term. Students who have not completed this course will not be able to register for Spring courses. Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.
- Please click here to view the Fall 2023 textbook flyer information for drop off and pick up dates..