Pasco County Schools
What is Dual Enrollment? Dual enrollment is an acceleration program that allows students to take postsecondary coursework and simultaneously earn credit toward a high school diploma, a career certificate, an industry certification or an associate or baccalaureate degree at a Florida public or eligible private postsecondary institution.
- See the attached PowerPoint for a helpful Dual Enrollment Step-by-Step Guide.
- Pasco County Schools Dual Enrollment Website
- PHSC Dual Enrollment Website
- Frequently Asked Questions about DE
Students must meet the following eligibility criteria per Section 1007.271(3), F.S.:
- Be enrolled as a student in a Florida public or nonpublic secondary school (grades 6-12), or in a home education program;
- Have a 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA) to enroll in college credits, or a 2.0 unweighted high school GPA to enroll in career dual enrollment courses;
- Achieve a passing score for Reading, Writing, and Math on either the PERT, ACT, or SAT exams.
Students must maintain at least a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and the 2.0 postsecondary GPA specified in the Dual Agreement Articulation Agreement for continued eligibility to participate in college credit dual enrollment courses. Students may be removed from dual enrollment courses if their GPA falls below the required 3.0.
Spring 2023 Registration
- On Wednesday, November 2nd, there will be a Dual Enrollment meeting during 2nd and 3rd period in the Media Center for all students planning on taking any Dual Enrollment classes for the Spring Term 2023. This is for both new and returning students and there will be staff available to help students with requesting potential Dual Enrollment courses through the Dual Enrollment Request Form (Dynamic Form)There will also be a virtual Dual Enrollment Registration Information Session on Wednesday November 2nd from 6:00pm-7:00pm hosted by both PHSC and Pasco County School District to support any parents and students as they go through the registration process for this spring who are new or returning to Dual Enrollment classes. To attend this virtual meeting, please use this machform which will register you for the event.
- Registration for Spring Dual Enrollment courses will begin November 28, 2022 for the Spring 2023 term. The Spring Online Registration Worksheet lists all registration dates specific to each grade level.
- Please follow these steps for Dual Enrollment found on the PHSC website: https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/charter-public
- Returning Dual Enrollment students should start with Step 5 which is Dual Enrollment Online Request Form (Dynamic Form).
- Students who need to pass one or more PERT tests can sign up for the test on ZHS campus at: http://zhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=37560 or through PHSC at https://testing.phsc.edu/exam/common/pert
- Some helpful PERT resources can be found here: https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/7533/urlt/pert-studentstudyguide.pdf
- Any students who want to take any of the following PHSC Dual Enrollment courses must take them through Pasco eSchool and must put “High School Campus” for them on their Online Dual Enrollment Request Form (Dynamic Form):
- CGS1100 Computer Micro Applications
- SPC 2608 Introduction to Public Speaking
- GEB 1011 Introduction to Business
- GEB 2122 Introduction to Business and Entrepreneurship
- SPN 1120 Beginning Spanish I
- SPN 1121 Beginning Spanish II
- Please note that students who are taking an online course for the first time must complete the Online Readiness Course through PHSC on Canvas. Completion of the PHSC Online Readiness Course is required prior to registering in any online dual enrollment courses. We highly encourage all students to access and complete the online readiness course now. Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.
- Completion of the Student Orientation online is also REQUIRED for all new DE students for Spring term. Students who have not completed this course will not be able to register for Spring courses. Visit https://admissions.phsc.edu/start/high-school/dual-enroll/faq to access directions on how to complete the orientation.
- Fall Dual Enrollment textbook drop off and Spring Dual Enrollment textbook pick-up dates have been set. Please visit the Pasco DE website and view this textbook information. The Spring DE textbook pre-order machform will be available beginning December 5th.